Thursday, June 24, 2004

Along Came Polly


Here's Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston in a (supposedly romantic) comedy. Sounds great since Ben Stiller has pretty damn good track record with the last few movies he's made and Jennifer Aniston was in Office Space so she gets a thumbs up, too. Apparently when you put the two together you make steaming pile of crap.

Yes, this movie sucked. I really wanted to like it, even just a little bit (well, I guess the ferret was pretty funny, but animals are cute no matter what they do), but I couldn't find anything all that entertaining about this movie. I actually couldn't wait for it to finish. The plot was thin and really didn't feel cohesive at all. It was just a bunch of...stuff thown together that resembles a movie because it deals with the same two characters for over an hour. I blame the writer (whom I believe was also the director) for this totally sloppy mess. He does get one redemtion point, although this is only because he's a first time director.

I don't know what else to comment on this one. Don't buy it or spend money on the rental, just borrow it from a friend who foolishly rented it or bought it if you have like a month with absolutely nothing to do ahead of you. If you really like Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston, go rent Meet the Parents and Office Space instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home